240-meter Jipapad Bridge now open to public.

 by Danny Tonog Balading



The Department of Public Works and Highways Eastern Samar District Engineering Office completed the construction of the 240-meter Jipapad Bridge along Catumsan-Jipapad-Las Navas- Rawis Road.

District Engineer Ma. Maragarita C. Junia said that the construction of the Jipapad Bridge is composed of three phases in which the first two phases with total appropriation of Php 150 million were funded under PAMANA and the third phase which amounts to Php 100 million was funded under GAA FY 2021 through the construction of missing links.
As of now, under the PAMANA projects, the actual accomplishment is already 100 percent which includes the construction of the Bridge substructure/foundation, girders and the 498-meter road approach with embankment and slope protection while the third phase is still on-going with actual accomplishment of 85.3%.
The 85.3% accomplishment of the third phase refers to the completion of the bridge structure which includes the 200-meter road approach while the remaining works of 14.7% refers to the construction of the 90-meter flood control structure which will protect the bridge from scouring and the 180-meter lined canal which are still on-going on site and expected to be completed on October 28, 2021.
“Jipapad Bridge is an important structure in the road network Jipapad-Las Navas-Catubig-Rawis road which helps our farmers and the travelling public to have a convenient, safe and calamity resistant access in transporting goods and services even during calamities,” said DE Junia.
DE Junia also said that the completion of Jipapad Bridge will provide big impact in the economic and social development of Jipapad, Eastern Samar now that the municipality is now accessible by all kinds of vehicles.
“All kinds of vehicles can now safely enter the municipality of Jipapad using this newly constructed Jipapad Bridge unlike before that they needed to take risk in crossing the defective timber bridge which was the only entry point of vehicles going in the municipality,” said DE Junia.
Aside from the Jipapad Bridge, DPWH ESDEO has still another two ongoing projects of road concreting along the Jipapad-Las Navas-Catubig Rawis Road: a 20 million road project which is a construction of 130-meter road with slope protection (gabions) and box culvert and another Php 50 million project which is a road opening and construction of 110-meter concrete road, box culvert and slope protection (gabions).
“Once all of these on-going projects be completed, we only have an estimated of more or less 5 kilometers away from the boundary of northern samar,” said DE Junia.
Via: MS. EMY CALAGOS
OPAPP REGIONAL PROGRAM MANAGER
Photos: ENGR. JASON ESPESO
DPWH EASTERN SAMAR

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post